"Artist in the Margin" ("Menaginary")

A film about a fantastical artist, Pierre Prevost by Filmmaker, Emily Haddad.

Saturday, November 6, 2010

Back at home after a wonderful stay in Combarel!

I'm back in Stillwater.  I had a wonderful stay in Pierre and Francoise's home at Combarel.  I met a fantastic musician, Cyril, who had composed some wonderful music for "Artist in the Margin."  I asked him to continue to work on a full soundtrack for the film and he accepted.

Pierre and I shot several more sequences for the film.  The light was beautiful on the last two days of my stay and I captured many beautiful images.

Shooting a sequence
Editing at Combarel
I edited while I was in Combarel and I have continued editing since I returned home two weeks ago.  The film is coming together very nicely and I plan to have a final visual edit done by year end.  Then I will be sending it to Cyril for him to perform his music magic on the soundtrack!
While I was in southern France I also visited the Pech Merle Cave and met the cultural representative of the prehistoric site.  He gave me permission to use certain images from the cave in my film.  I am very thankful to him and to the Village of Cabrerets for graciously allowing me to use the images.

It was a perfect trip.  Thanks to Pierre and Francoise for their fantastic hospitality.  Thanks especially to Francoise who is an amazing chef!

Shooting the horse drawing segment

Me and the horse watching Pierre build a sculpture

Lunch on the Terrace



No comments:

Post a Comment